Welcome!

“Reality can be beaten with enough imagination.” Mark Twain

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Non Internet Procrastinating


Photo by Brittany Anderson, my lovely niece.



As I promised this won't mention He Whom Shall Not Be Mentioned (boo. Can't wait for Prometheus on 6/8). And I don't mean Voldemort.

2. Using Your Basic Computer to Put Off Doing What You Love Doing.

a. Games. Ones you don't need the internet for. I used to play Spider Solitaire a lot. Lately it's been Majong Tiles. I almost snabbed my mom's Hoyle games disc when we had her yardsale here last fall, but I knew the Gravity Tiles on that would be my undoing.

b. Cleaning up the desktop. This is actually useful. I moved all the photos of He Whom Shall Not Be Mentioned to the trash. Painful!! I trashed other lesser things, as well. Created new folders for homeless documents and even put some folders in folders. Now it's easier to find folders and to see the lovely photo of a Maine beach that my niece took and posted on Facebook.
c. This is really cool. I shortened the bookmark titles on the bookmark bar. These are places I go to often like Goodreads, my website, this blog, Netflix, my bank. All I have to do is click on the bookmark...I put them there by dragging them from the address box, but some were long. To shorten, I went to the website so I could copy the URL. Then, I right clicked, chose new book mark, pasted the URL and added a shorter name, like Nano for National Novel Writing Month. The cute little icons came back when I restarted Firefox. I'm able to get many more on that way. You would need the internet for that, but it's not like you're messing around on it.

d. Pin icons to your task bar to take them off your desk top and make them easier to find.

e. Organize photos and music.

f. Edit photos and videos.

g. Change your desktop background using your own photo.

h. Learn how to use a program that's sitting on your desktop that you don't use because you never took the time to learn.

i. Write something that's not your WIP (Work In Progress. That;s writer insider lingo.)

This is a shorter list, but not sweeter because it's missing You Know Who.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! It'll make my day. Unless you're rude. That will ruin your day.