Welcome!

“Reality can be beaten with enough imagination.” Mark Twain

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Must blog more

Working writers--as in those being paid to write--are supposed to blog now and facebook and twitter. I'll try to get intentional about the blog but I doubt many people want to know what I had for lunch--dried out wheat tortilla wrapped around cheese and called a burrito in the school cafeteria. Besides, who has time? "Class, write 500 words while I figure out how to send this tweet on my cell phone. Can my phone even do that? Can somebody help me?"

We're supposed to build a platform--make mine a diving one on a lake in Maine, please. And an audience. Well, I'll try. So when you finally finish your novel that you work in around your real life, and you approach a publisher you can say, "I have a built in audience of a kabillion followers of Facebook and Twitter and my blog.

Well. I'll try. Even though it takes away time from real writing.

I'd write more but I want to get back to my real writing because I have to go back to my real job tomorrow. I hope I can remember what I'd write about if I didn't want to write.

1 comment:

  1. I understand! I became frustrated/anxious over the social media and blogging aspect of a writing career. So I took 2-3 months off from blogging to concentrate on my 2nd novel. I explained my reasons on my blog well in advance of the break, and now that I've started back with the blog, I'm getting more hits.

    So be encouraged. Blog as your time permits but never forget why you're writing!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! It'll make my day. Unless you're rude. That will ruin your day.